Wednesday 23 March 2011

Foray into the Unknown

Ladies and Gents.


No-one and I mean no-one is likely to read this. I'm not a celebrity or a star or a sporting hero. I'm a slightly overweight, 23 year old lad moving to Dubai in about 3 weeks, I want somewhere to write what I'm thinking and tell people who are interested what I think the place is like.


I've spent too much time reading what other people have to say, I want to say what annoys me about the place, or how stupid some of the red tape is. I want to live MY Dubai 'Dream'. Starting....now.


The amount of stuff to sort in the UK is stupid, but I think I've done it, except for paying any bills recently. Oh, and selling my car. Who knew that was such a ball-ache. Its a lovely Audi, only 5 years old, I've kept him well (he is called Alfie) and he has never failed me. Why won't someone buy him? Perhaps it's because the coalition dictatorship government want to increase fuel duty by 3p. How can they justify that? Perhaps it's because it has done over 90,000 miles, but let's face it - Audi's can. Perhaps it's because it's blue. I really don't know. All I want to happen is someone to phone or text and be interested. No, not David Osburne who was a scammer (I found this out after seeing it on a website from Australia). Someone real please, show your face and buy my car.


I guess what I'm getting at is that, despite concluding 90% of my list of 'shit to do' before flying to Dubai and feeling very much in control of it all with my colour coded spreadsheet...there is just so much that you actually have zero control over. I can put everything in place to move out there but might get a visa turned down, or I might not sell my car and have to keep paying it off for no reason whatsoever. These things are all quite a big deal in my world, and I have no control or real influence.


Quite a scary thought when they are the bigger issues right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment